View information pertaining to a patient's account:
- See at a glance what type of transaction each row represents:
- Transaction types are color-coded (e.g. Charges are pink, Patient Payments are green, Debit
adjustments are yellow, etc.).
- Each transaction type has its own abbreviation (e.g. Charge=C, Insurance Write-Off=IWO, etc.).
- See precisely which portions of a patient or insurance payment were applied to which charges and
which portions of the payment are still unapplied.
- Access a legend for deciphering colors and abbreviations that appear in the Patient Ledger
Transaction Type cell.
- View details about debits: Posting date, Treating provider, Charge code, CPT modifiers, CPT translations,
Billing status, Amount charged, Total insurance pending amount, and Amount still to pay
- View details about credits: Posting date, Payment, Write-off, credit adjustment type, and credit
- See a patient's running balance and how each debit or credit affects the balance.